The curriculum is a modern relevant learning framework which is constantly evolving. It is personalised and where possible rooted in our local context. We are currently working on our new curriculum, with a two-year rolling cycle being developed.
In line with most schools, we work from and develop the National Curriculum to meet our children’s needs. In doing this we place a high emphasis on basic skills and our children achieve well.
Our Foundation Stage long term plan can be found here. FS Long Term Plan 2018 -2019
Our long term plans for each class can be found here:
- Year 1/2 Long Term Plan Cycle A Y12 LTP Topic Plan Cycle A
- Year 1/2 Long Term Plan Cycle B Y12 LTP Topic Plan Cycle B
- Year 3/4 Long Term Plan Cycle A Y34 LTP Topic Plan Cycle A
- Year 3/4 Long Term Plan cycle B Y34 LTP Topic Plan Cycle B
- Year 5/6 Long Term Plan cycle A Y56 LTP Topic Plan Cycle A
- Year 5/6 Long Term Plan Cycle B Y56 LTP Topic Plan Cycle B
We place an emphasis on developing key skills and learning dispositions through a broad and balanced curriculum:
We use elements of Talk for Writing in English, particularly in the foundation stage. Further up the school, we plan English around a book, incorporating elements of grammar, writing and reading.
Our teachers use a blended approach of Letters and Sounds and Jolly Phonics to teach phonics. At Key Stage 1 we use Oxford Reading Tree, Phonic Bug and a wide selection of banded real books to support the learning of reading and phonics.