Senior Safeguarding Officer and Designated Teacher
Mrs Linda Taylor
Mrs Deborah Thombs
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn.
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children.
The Marton Academy Safeguarding Policy The Marton Academy Child Protection Policy 2019-20
The Marton Academy Safeguarding Guidelines: The Marton Academy Safeguarding Guidelines 2019-20
Important Government Documents relating to Safeguarding
Keeping Children Safe in Education Keeping Children Safe in Education Sept 2019
Working Together to Safeguard Children Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
At The Marton Academy, we build pupils’ resilience to radicalisation by promoting fundamental British values and enabling our pupils to challenge extremist views.
Please refer to the ‘Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation’ Guidance and the prevent strategy parent leaflet below.